Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I did it!!



I have a clean kitchen sink! It's almost shiny!!! I can't belive I actually did it!

On the other hand, gastro has reared it's ugly head again - I am okay so far though thank goodness! And the other two don't seem to be nearly as bad as they were last time so hopefully this might be the end of it.

I've read/finished a couple of books this weekend, The Glory Garage by Nadia Jamal and Taghreb Chandab and The Apricot Colonel by Marion Halligan. Although I found some of the writing clunky in the first one I found that the stories were so interesting that I read it right to the end in one sitting. Colonel took a bit more reading as the style is not one I usually read. There are no quotation marks for a start. But I enjoyed it anyway.

Am currently reading Chasing Charlie Duskin by Cath Crowley (from the CBC Older readers shortlist) and so far it's pretty good.

I aim to read at least all of the older readers list by the time the winner is announced mid-August. Gotta at least know why I don't agree with the judges! :)

Anyway, I am off to relax now that I have done all the gastro washing and shined my sink! :)

No comments: