Monday, August 13, 2007

Ooops........

...I did it again...

I locked my handbag in the house.

Sooooo peeved at myself.

Luckily, the lovely cleaning fairy came to my rescue. It's not everyone who would come across town to let you into your own house... :)

So now I have a sticky note attached to my back door. Emblazoned across it is one simple word. "KEYS".

I thought about writing the whole sentence, "Remember your keys", but then I would feel old - so I didn't.

So, late to work. Then I had to ring the GP about this blasted tooth that hurts to blazes and made an appointment for 11.10 am. Got there at 11.05 am (after picking up some lovely scrapping goodies at the PO) and waited for 45 minutes! Turns out he is taking his wife out for the night for their 35th wedding anniversary. So glad that he isn't a workaholic like he used to be and is taking some time off.

Then, of course, I had to go out to the chemist to get antibotics as the tooth is infected and was much later back to work than I anticipated.

Grrr.

Went to a friend's house for dinner and Top Gear tonight - had an absolute ball. We had a great dinner and home made panacotta for dessert and I felt really special. And of course the Top Gear team were hilarious as usual.

Well, I am not going to be late for work tomorrow as I am not going. I am off to a library meeting at a bookstore where we will talk about books and the CBCA awards.

What bliss.

3 comments:

Marita said...

I've left spare keys with all our relatives and friends because hubby and I constantly lock ourselves out. I'm glad other people occasionally do the same thing.

Hope your tooth gets better soon.

Helen Kinsela said...

Just catching up on your posts. I'm afraid I had a little giggle at your keys episode but we've all done it so dont feel silly. Hope you are on the mend with your tooth and hope your darling girl gets her issues sorted out soon. I can only imagine how worrying and frustrating it all must be. Keep smiling ... see you on Divas.

Anonymous said...

I have one word for you Jess......D'oh!