Friday, December 01, 2006

ARRGH!

I just spent 1 hour and 36 minutes on the phone.

While it was lovely to have such a great conversation with a great person, I have done no folding, no dishes and missed Agatha Christie. And my ear is still sore... :)

Still, I did get a nice cup of tea. And I got to have an adult conversation with and intelligent and learned person, so all is not lost.

And the writers muck with the endings of those Agatha Christie specials anyway. Fancy inventing new characters and new motives into an already full plot!

Tonight is the girlie's last night in her cot. Yes, I have gone out and bought her a bed. I intend to take her out tomorrow and buy a nice doona cover and some nice sheets to go with it and then we will come home and put it all together. She likes helping do things like that. I might nip into the store quickly before she does and hide the Wiggles' sets first though.... :)

I have been able to do some more reading recently. I have found a new author, Sophie Kinsella. Her books can only be defined as chick lit, however the book I read, The Undomestic Goddess was lots of fun and a really enjoyable read. And not too cringy - unlike Bridget Jones' Diary! Currently, my bedtime reading is called Spin Cycle by Ilsa Evans. I haven't gotten very far into it but it seems good. Partly because I have a fairly intimate knowledge of the part of the world she has set it in. It's very weird to think that you know exactly where the character is when she's having lunch... :)

Anyway, I am going to go and read it now - the dishes can wait. I, too, can be an undomestic goddess.... :P

3 comments:

heather said...

Good idea to hide the Wiggles sets - I hope your daughter is coping OK with the changed Wiggles lineup :) lol

The Librarian said...

They were up nice and high Heather - and in the "boys" section so thankfully we have a nice pink one! I don't think she knows that Greg has retired - will be interesting when the next DVD comes as to what she says.

Pam Healy said...

Oh, I like Sophie Kinsella--UG was a fun read! I'll have to 'check out' the other book you have listed--I've not heard of it...