Monday, March 05, 2007

Back to the Stone Age!!!!!!

Well, I don't seem to be having much luck with electrical appliances.

After deciding that the lino really wasn't that bad (Max the moving man bringing my washing machine home early helped in that decision!) I moved the new little freezer into place (well, Max did) and then helped him move the washing machine in. After I had cleaned the floor of course. I'm not sure which of us was more excited about the new freezer actually...

After he had left and I had sorted out a few bits and pieces, I turned it on.

2 hours later it was a little bit cool.

The next morning it was a little bit cooler.

I decided not to test it with icecream but with esky freezer blocks instead.

When I got home, the freezer blocks were a little bit cool but as close to frozen as a snowball in...well, you know.

So I turned it off and hoped that there wasn't something I missed in the manual. Now I get to play another round of phone tiggy with a repairman. Oh, joy...

...at least it is still in warranty.

On the up side, my washing machine is working fine. It's still dirty in parts I can't reach to clean so no doubt it will clog again, but at least it is working. Now I can just sit back and wait for the bill...

1 comment:

Vicky said...

its Wed, whats the freezer doing to you today Jess?