Saturday, April 15, 2006

Long time... no see...

Well, so much for my resolution to blog every day! Here I am almost a month inbetween entries! (Not that anyone but me and taximan read this but that is not the point - it is the principle of the thing... plus my memory is not what it once was (ie. pre-child) so I really ought to write things down.)

So, what has happened this month? I was going to say "not much", but really, the everyday things do add up to something.

  • Went to Horsham to visit friends via Halls Gap. We thought it was a good time to inject some funds into the local economy after the January fires. It was so eerie to travel through the area with the skinny black tree trunks looming on each side of the road.
  • The girlie got croup the day we left.
  • Spending time in Horsham was good even though DH had to go home early. The girlie and I stayed so that I could go to a scrapping class but it was cancelled at the last minute. Damn and Blast.
  • Got home on the Wednesday and DH and I took each other out for our anniversary. The girlie came too and was surprisingly well bhaved. I say surprisingly for, while the meal was excellent, it certainly took its time coming to the table!!! Maybe they had to kill the beef on site...
  • The rest of the week was a flurry of cleaning up (or not), adn then DH went off for training again.
  • Single-parenting is not fun. But it is nice to know that it will be over at the end of the week.
  • I read Julie and Julia (by Julie Powell) and thought it was a pretty good read. Was interesting to see how blogging had led to writing a book. And how it had led to a whole new career of cooking a writing - even though Julie Powell has no formal qualifications in food! Mind you, cooking one's way through Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking, while utter madness (or leading to it), would probably be an ad hoc qual in anyone's book.
  • I haven't scrapped or stitched - even though I have gotten things out several times to start. This annoys me.
  • My parents have visited. As usual it had its ups and downs, but was generally good. Especially the food.
  • The girlie turned two!! How did that happen! And managed to get a cold all on the same day. Poor thing still has it. The vapouriser has been working overtime.

So now it is Easter Saturday and we are in the Big City and I have finally been able to SHOP! We bought coolant and sneakers and coffee and presents and looked at mobile phones and kittens and puppies and fish and a parrot. And I even spent money on MYSELF! I bought myself a Xyron Create-A-Sticker. I so rarely do this that it is an EVENT that will go down in my personal history. And it wasn't nearly so expensive as I thought it would be so I don't feel bad about buying it at all.

What I do feel bad about buying is the stuff I bought in the scrapping shop I went to this afternoon. You know when you go somewhere sometimes and you feel really uncomfortable but you stay and buy something out of politeness?? Why do I do that???? I bought some nice stuff, that I will even most likely use, but the place just felt wrong. Hmmmm.....

While we were shopping we met very unexpectedly with one of my best friends from uni. It was so wierd. We haven't seen or heard from each other in at least 5 or 6 years. It was wonderful to see him but I had forgotten how much presence he has!

No piccies today - we haven't taken any.

New words: They are legion... :) 'Puzzle' is one that is getting a good workout at them moment. And my mother taught her how to sing 'The Wheels on the bus'. She just loves to imitate so we will have to be very careful from now on!

No comments: