Wednesday, February 21, 2007

ARGH!!!!

Well, it never rains but it pours!

On Thursday night I decided to do Friday's wash as we were going away for the weekend. It got as far as the final rinse and then wouldn't drain. Turns out it has a blocked pump. Squeezed clothes in towels, bucketed water, sopped up excess, etc etc.

Rang F&P on Sunday and they said, shall we send someone out to you? I asked if they knew where I was calling from. Yes, you're in Victoria, came the reply. ROFL! (eventually anyway.) They gave me the number of the local bloke.

Turns out the number was wrong. I found the right number. Rang it. Left a message. Thankfully the grapevine works well and someone at work told me he's having a shoulder reconstruction. So he wasn't likely to get back to me.

Rang F&P today, again, and explained the situation. They then gave me the number of someone 100 km away and I got onto them first time. They gave me a number for a courier bloke who came and picked it up for me. He was even going to help me take the laundry door off, but resourceful me managed it myself. LOL.

So that was the washing machine.

I decided that now would be a perfect time to remove the old chest freezer (which was blocked in by the washing machine) and replace it with my new mini-upright (which is still in the back porch waiting to be used!) so XDH brought his mate's trolley to help me during his visit tonight. While I was setting the video to record Spicks and Specks I heard an Oh crap. Turns out the freezer buckled and ripped the lino. Not even gaffer tape is going to fix it.

So now I have to go find someone to re-lino the laundry. Before the washing machine comes home.

And before the fish I found at the bottom of the chest freezer defrosts...

2 comments:

fleurie said...

oh dear!

Vicky said...

hahah too funny! well not really but you say it like its going to be a joke.
You should write a book! lolo
Love spicks and specks, but i always miss it somehow.