Saturday, June 09, 2007

Chatter...

Just thought I would pop in and let you all know what I've been up to the last few days.

I have been home sick with this horrible cold virus that keeps coming back so have been reading a fair bit. I have only 1 1/2 books to go and I will have finished all the books on the Older Readers list. This will be a first for me - even though it really should be part of my job! LOL...

Also managed to get 4 episode of Stargate Atlantis season 3 watched - such great sci fi...and the lovely gentlemen actors are starting to dress even better....

I went shopping today with some friends - we went to a scrap shop and I didn't buy anything! So, you see, my stash diet is holding. (It helps that I have a couple of vouchers in reserve that I am going to use this week perhaps... :P) I did, however, buy a copy of Love Struck by Melanie La'Brooy - I now have all three of her books and it looks like I will be laughing all the way through this one too.

Just finished watching Ocean's Eleven (the 2001 "remake" of the 1960's vehicle for Frank Sinatra) It's one of those films that I watch every time it comes on television - even if I already own it on DVD! (For the record, I don't own a copy of Ocean's Eleven - hint hint to any family members out there...). I just love that sort of film that keeps you guessing all the way through (well, keeps me guessing, anyway!) And some of the actors in it help out with that too.... I have always said that Sneakers, while an excellent film, is one that my mother would watch even if all the actors stood still for the duration of the movie... :)

Looking forward to an extra day this weekend - it's always nice to have a relaxing day at home.

2 comments:

fleurie said...

hope you are feeling better soon Jess....and WOW... I cant believe how well you are doing at not buying scrap stuff....there is now way i could last this long..lol!

Marita said...

Get well soon. Stargate Atlantis is the best get well viewing I can think of.