Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A day at home

It is still very wet and windy and cold (so the rain is freezing AND horizontal!) so today we stayed at home. Mostly.

We had some friends come over to play this morning (and the Mummy of said friends) while I went off for my "lady's check up". The Girlie had a lovely time even though my friends had some difficulty with my DVD player. Oh well... they don't always have to watch TV! They had fun anyway.

We did briefly go to the shops to get groceries and TG had a great time counting the vegies - now she just has to learn to eat them! She was pretty good for a grocery shop - I think that all this holding in her number 2s and also climbing in to bed with me at odd hours of the night (and proceeding to chatter all about the day's activities! *sigh*) might be tiring her out a bit. I am loathe to put her back to bed as it seems obvious she needs a bit of extra security at the moment. Thankfully it is not every night.

We also went to meet the emergency day carer this afternoon and TG behaved herself impeccably. She remembered the kids she met (and especially the cat!) and knows that she will be going there on Friday (and that Mummy will be coming back after work! LOL) and seems okay about it. Let's hoe that she is okay about it on Friday morning.

She didn't eat her tea tonight but at least she didn't make a big thing of it. Although now that that is not a big thing any more she is having a good go at making bedtime difficult. Luckily she is so tired that she drifts off very quickly.

I have a tidy lounge room and both the washing up and the folding are up to date - so I am going to bed a happy woman.... LOL

1 comment:

Marita said...

Tidy lounge room with washing and folding all done. Colour me envious!