Monday, June 25, 2007

New socks



Here is a picture of current BQ progress - not much to report this week but it is still getting there...


And here are my new socks!! After a week of freezing toes I went out and bought some! Mind you, I think I should have gone to Safeway instead of Target - there was very little there. And I don't think it was because they had run out either... I wish country stores were better stocked!

Anyway, these socks have some wool and angora in them and I am looking forward to wearing my new luxury item!!



And here is the reason why I have not been stitching so much - I have been trying to teach myself to knit! (Well, start agian anywya - my Nanna did teach me!) I have decided that I want to knit myself a pair of socks - I just have to wait for the needles now as the local place didn't have them in stock. I think that knitting socks is just one of those things that you need to say that you have done then you never need to do again... rather like roasting a chicken with all the trimmings...and smocking. Mind you - I may like knitting socks, and if I continue to be unable to find a cardigan I like I may have to bite the bullet and knit one of those too.

Oh, just a note - SIL is in labour so will let you all know if I am an aunt or an uncle in the near future... :)

2 comments:

Marita said...

Hope the you are an Aunty by now and that mum and bubs are both well.

WendyC said...

My friend Dawn is a sock knitter
http://irishsenji.blogspot.com/