Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A parcel came in the post!


After 11 days my parcel has finally made it here! Woohoo! And the really good thing about it taking so long to get here is that I'd forgotten some of what I ordered so I got a nice surprise!! Haven't played with it yet, just taken it out of the box and gloated.

Took the girlie to the chemist today to get her photo taken. She was so giggly in the car that I thought finally we'd be fine once we got there, but no! Put her on that platform and she clams up with a big frown. I thought her eyebrows were going to disappear!! But between us all we got some smiles out of her so hopefully they will come out on film. I took her off to daycare after that as I needed to get some stuff done and I figure I'll have her all day tomorrow and most of next week when we go away so I will put her in for her normal days this week.

I didn't get heaps done around the house but it was nice to be able to get tea ready without a toddler pulling me away from my chopping board - not that she ate any of my absolutely marvellous Tuna Pasta Bake! I hope she sleeps tonight and isn't too hungry. I expect that she will eat all of her porridge tomorrow morning... :) I managed to clean the bath (it has been annoying me for a week now!) and to sweep the kitchen floor, as well as most of the washing up. And I could make as much noise as I liked!!! Not that I did - it was just nice to know that I could. :p

Waa-waa (doll) had to get in the bath too tonight - it took a lot of work to convince the girlie that doll had to have her clothes off too. I really didn't want to have to dry a cardigan and the doll's bikini in time for going to bed. Apart from that it would have been pretty nigh impossible.

The girlie still loves her 'new' sheets - wonder how long that will last! She was so tired tonight that she read two books with me and hardly even interacted with the story. I asked her if she wanted to go to bed or lie on the couch with Mummy and she smiled and me, yawned and said "Mum" and cuddled in to watch 'Dancing with the Stars'. It was so nice and gave me that lovely warm fuzzy feeling. :)

No new words today (none that I noticed anyway!) just lots of practice of ones she already has. Walking home from daycare took three times as long today, not only because we stopped to talk to people working in their gardens, but also because she had to name everything she could on the way home!!

2 comments:

Darryn said...

You're right - I got most of this over the phone, but the picture means I don't have to spend as much time oohing and aahing when I see it next!

I hadn't seen last night's entry either - the photos came out really well. Wonder who the photographer was??????

Well, must be off - some of us have to work for a living...

Darryn said...

Oh, just one more thing - much better job of proof-reading tonight.