Monday, March 13, 2006

Snug as a bug


Labour day to day. Usually it's just a day off (and a well-needed one at that) so it is very weird to think that I don't have to go to work tomorrow. Instead I get to go to the chemist and have Tamsyn's photo taken in front of what looks like a cot sheet. Light blue with Easter chicks on it. Goodness knows what I'll get her to wear that even remotely co-ordinates. Still, it will be nice have a good photo of her.

It was also nice to have DH home today. It's amazing how much easier it is to deal with your child when she has two parents to bounce off!! We ad a pyjama morning as it was so blowy outside. Also I just wanted a lazy morning - especially considering I was the one supposed to be still asleep!! Still, someone's gotta get up to them and it might as well be the porridge maker :)

We made the girlie's bed up today with sheets and a quilt made by DH's Great Aunt. Such beautiful colours and craftmanship - a truly lovely piece. And durable enough to go in a toddler's cot! The girlie 'helped' me make the cot up - I used Winnie the Pooh sheets so I think that helped. She was so excited she wanted to get in straight away - and then wouldn't get out again! I was so worried that she wouldn't take to sleeping without a sleeping bag but there seem to be no problems so far - let's hope there are not too many midnight wake-up calls! :)

I did some cross stitching today for the first time in what seems ages. I'm still working on my fairy and it is exciting to see it coming slowly together. I do enjoy it, but I am hoping the eventual arrival of my parcel will snap me back into my scrapping groove because there are some things I really want to do with my album - I just don't feel like doing them. And it's no good forcing the issue because I will just be unhappy with the result.

DH seems to have come down with a horrible cough - I hope he (and I) manage to sleep alright tonight. Might have to resort to Benadryl soon if it doesn't let up.

New words: Bird is getting clearer and clearer, and I am almost sure she knows when to use please! I got "peacemum" several times today - after prompting, of course!

1 comment:

Darryn said...

You need your proof-reader... Only a couple of typoes though, so not a bad effort!