Friday, January 11, 2008

You too can do Manly things....

I fixed my kitchen tap.

Yes, me.

It has been leaking for ages and when the plumber came to fix my blocked kitchen exit pipe just before Christmas (it was a looooong job and will be expensive. I am NOT looking forward to that particular invoice!) he told me how to fix it. So today I went to the local plumbing suppliers, bought a tap/outlet/whatever, took the old one off and then put the new one on. (Yes, I did remember to use Teflon tape!) And it doesn't leak.

Woohoo!!!!!

So, to celebrate, I went off to a friend's place this evening to use my new-found plumbing skills to fix some leaking poly pipe. By replacing it.

Unfortunately, all the enthusiasm in the world does not make up for a rusted and obsolete too-small connection. *SIGH*

Thankfully we were able to patch (mostly) the old poly pipe and get it all back together without getting too wet. And with it only coming off twice....

BTW, I ran into an old student while I was at the plumbing shop. He said "Hello Miss". LOL. I don't think I have seen him for at least 3 years. So very funny when they go back into student mode...

1 comment:

Marita said...

I remember my high school math teacher telling me I no longer had to call her "Miss D" when I met her a couple of years after finishing school. Still felt very odd to call her anything but "Miss D".

BTW, I've tagged you for a Meme, check my blog for details -
http://leechbabe.blogspot.com/2008/01/favourite-five-meme.html